I was inspired by this cute sketch made by LillBlomman for the inspirational blog SweScrap,when I made this card. I really liked the three sections in the sketch, that I interpreted with three pieces of pattern paper. I turned the sketch to the right, to make a more rectangular card.
The card is based on two pieces of cardstock, where I did drips and splashes with Dylusions ink on them.
To frame it, I chalked the edges with Faded Jeans Distress Ink Pad and Mixed Media Inx in the color School House. I also did some doodling. :) It feels like I am not done with an art project before I do some doodling on it. It's kind of my feature. ;)
The stars on the sketch turned into hexagon wood veneer on my card.... and they, of course, got some doodling as well. I drew some stitches around the edge of the pattern paper blocks, and I also drew with a white pen around them to make them pop out from the page. Trying to make an optical illusion...
I used a border punch from Fiskars to create this border, that looks like a torn out page from a note book. I like it! :)
On this one I also tried to give it a feeling of standing out from the page, with the doodling, by using a black and a white pen to create shadows.
The Art Journal challenge #48 at the Sodalicious blog is all about creating around the word: WILDNESS.
This is my contribution to that challenge. :) I used a photo of dewy spider web on a fence - Beautiful Captured Wildness.
I played with Liquitex Paint Markers in an Art Journal album from Sodalicious - it came out soo coool! :)
I have seen Donna Downey use this technique with this kind of markers. I didn't draw with them. I stomp them against the paper letting the paint out, and when there is enough paint I do a big stomp to make that happy splatter effect. :)
I do each color separately, letting them dry before I use the next color.
Isn't this soooo cooool?! Love it! :)
I have never used an actual photo on any of my Art Journals before... but for some reason I thought of this photo when I saw the theme of this challenge.
Usually I use a cut out from a magazine, or something like that, but this worked for me. Even though it kind of look like a small version of a double layout...
Dewy spider web can be so beautiful, when you can see all the little strings that the spider weaved. I took this photo an early morning going to work.
To give balance to the page I wanted to have big bold black letters, so I used mistable letters from Heidi Swapp and Dylusions mist Black marble. I hand wrote the other words in italics to give a big contrast to the bold letters.
I also added some ribbon that was laying on my scrap table, and some twine that I let run wildly across the page.
To finish the page off, I did some doodling - three circles in clusters.
Pyssloteket is having a challenge where you should create around the word "Spring". Spring is starting to join us outside, it's sunny and it's getting warmer - Love it! :)
I choose a photo that I took last spring when me and my niece did our nails, with an idea that she had heard about from a friend. And of course a yummy ice cream! :)
I did a lot of embroidery on my layout - like the cosy home made feeling it gives.
Among my scrapbook stash I have a lot of stickers... that I randomly use, but it was some time ago. For this layout I picked out a lot of word stickers that represent spring for me, and sprinkled them across the layout.
I was thinking of showing you the back of my layout as well, with all the left over thread, so here you go. Sometimes when I like both sides of a pattern paper I cut out a piece of it behind the photo - to save for my next project. :)
I also write on the back of all my layouts, when I created it and when the photo was taken and of what. Usually I don't have any journaling on my layouts, I find it hard to add it on them for some reason, but this is a way for me to keep track of that info in a different kind of way.
Spring for me is a bright feeling, and I wanted to show that by picking a bright happy pattern paper - this one is from Sassafras Lass.
But to make it a little bit more grungy, I added teal paint through a Finnabair Prima mask and stamped with black ink and a texture stamp.