lördag 26 april 2014

A No Title Card

Sometimes you need a "no title card". A card that you can use for almost every occasion.  This is a card in that category. 


I used this to write a gift certificate inside, where my niece got a day with me doing our nails at a beauty parlor. She loved the idea, but she still need to use it... we need to book a date. :)

Photo borrowed from SweScrap.

I was inspired by this cute sketch made by LillBlomman for the inspirational blog SweScrap,when I made this card. I really liked the three sections in the sketch, that I interpreted with three pieces of pattern paper. I turned the sketch to the right, to make a more rectangular card.


The card is based on two pieces of cardstock, where I did drips and splashes with Dylusions ink on them.

To frame it, I chalked the edges with Faded Jeans Distress Ink Pad and Mixed Media Inx in the color School House. I also did some doodling. :) It feels like I am not done with an art project before I do some doodling on it. It's kind of my feature. ;)


The stars on the sketch turned into hexagon wood veneer on my card.... and they, of course, got some doodling as well. I drew some stitches around the edge of the pattern paper blocks, and I also drew with a white pen around them to make them pop out from the page. Trying to make an optical illusion...
 

I used a border punch from Fiskars to create this border, that looks like a torn out page from a note book. I like it! :)

On this one I also tried to give it a feeling of standing out from the page, with the doodling, by using a black and a white pen to create shadows.

Have a great day in the sun! :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar