fredag 7 februari 2014

It takes just one step

This is my contribution to the first challenge in the Supreme Scrap Tournament 2014.


The rules:  
Make a double layout that shows where your live. 
For example you could use photos of your favorite tree, bus stop, 
house - as long it is within 1000 steps of your home!

- You can not use any spray inks.
- You will have to use at least 3 photos on your project.
- You will have to add a visible journaling of at least 50 words.


Here is a closer look of the left page...


... and the right page. :)


I really love this yellow checkered paper from Sassafras Lass, but I wanted to make it less busy. So I made a frame of post its and smeared gesso, with a brayer, inside that frame. Before the gesso was dry I used a texture comb to make waves. On that I dropped some pink acrylic ink, and created some more texture with the comb. 


This is the finished background.

Can you see why it is hard for me to do a double layout?! There's not enough room on my scrap table. ;)


I used the comb to remove some of the gesso so the paper underneath would show through. Here you can see the difference of the waves... on the top where it is without acrylic ink, and to the right the waves are with the acrylic ink. Kind of cool, right? :)

Over this I created a starting point for my photos by adding modeling paste over a leaf mask from TCW, and teal acrylic paint over a polka dot mask - two of my favorite masks. Notice how I kind of mirrored these bases on each page. That gives the double layout the balance that I like.


I love layers on layers - Sassafrass paper, teal paint, modeling paste leaf, dollie, patterned paper, photo, attachers, stars. Happy happy happy! :)


The double layout is about my journey toward a more healthier lifestyle. It will take a lot of steps to reach my destination, but I'm already half way there... and I'm still walking in a steady pace towards it. 


It is not easy, not at all... some days are harder than others. But I have learned to love working out, and I can't get enough of it. Really? - ask my friends! :)


And yes, it is SOOO worth it already.

I'm sharing my happiness and inspiration and energy of working out with friends, family and colleagues - and I get it tenfold back. Definitely sooo worth it.  :)


This is where I live! ...hihi... ;)

1 kommentar:

  1. great title and techinques! Good luck with the tournament!

    SvaraRadera