lördag 22 februari 2014

Bloom

Today I wanted to show you a version of doodling...


... something I'd like to call Mandala flowers, kind of...

I was inspired by Alica Burk, an amazing artist that loves to doodle in her sketch book. 


I'm working in my mini Dylusions journal. :) I just picked up a black pen and started doodling.  Don't you think it looks kind of cool with the 3D effect on the flowers? And as usual I'm working in a visual triangle. 


I wanted to have som color on the flowers... so I dabbed with a light pink - Cotton Candy Distress Paint, misted with water and then I let the paint flow across the page.


I didn't mind that the dabbing marks stayed. They are there because I hadn't primed the page with gesso first, the page had to much tooth in it... but since I covered the page with acrylic paint and gesso after the Distress Paint they disappeared.


When everything was dry, I did some splatter with three different Dylusions mists over the page.. by taking the lid off and hitting the riser on a pencil. Yummy colors, right?


A close up off one of the flowers. :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar