måndag 4 november 2013

The good things in life

Natalie Kalbach from Germany has been a huge inspiration for me ever since I found this world of Mixed Media. I've been to a couple of her workshops, when she has been in Sweden. And she's a blast to meet in person, as well. :)


This spring the DT at Swescrap did an inspirational piece from one of her Art Journal pages. This is my version of... 


... this page.

I just love it! :) Love the bold colors, her stencils that she designed (!) and the theme of the page. Thanks for the inspiration, Nat! :)

My page was almost a CASE, that's how much I love it. :)


I started out by covering the whole spread with white tissue paper and mod podge. Love the texture that it creates. :) Then I colored it with Distress Paints in three nuances of blue. I misted it with water before it was dry, letting the paint run across the page creating this under-water feeling.


I used the same stencils that Nat used, her own design. How great wouldn't that be - designing your own stencils?!

Over the stencil I misted with Liquitex Spray Paint in pink... that Nat uses a lot. They where great to work with, and are more permanent then other mists. 


When that was dry, I took another one of her stencils and used modeling paste over that one.  


I drew a curly pipe on a piece of watercolor paper, cut it out and then adheres it to the page. Happy pipe! :)


I borrowed the saying on her page as well, because it is so true. 

Look at all that lovely texture and layers with tissue paper, distress paints and spray paint. :)


A close up of "all the good things in life" that you should shower in. ;) Berrys, Mark Whalberg, avocado and work outs. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar