lördag 9 november 2013

Follow the stream

In Sweden we have a music competition "Melodifestivalen" every year. The song that win in Sweden will represent Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest.  This yearone of the songs stood out among the others, with its calmness - Louise Hoffstens. She didn't win, and at first I didn't think about the song that much... but it grew on me, after listening to it a couple of more times... and the title was great...


... so I made an Art Journal with it. :)

Only the dead fish follow the stream - TRUE!


This page started as a Mop up page (as many of my pages do nowadays) with blue nuances of Distress Paint, Dylusions mist Vibrant Turquoise and Texture paste over a D. Downey mask.

I thought that it would work well with a water theme page. 


I wrote the title in white for a change, but I think it shows better against the blue background. Isn't the red crab cute? :)


I built a little scenery with different stamps from Dylusions. I stamped them on a water color paper, colored them with Faber Castell Big Brush Pens and cut them out.

This is Petunia, I think, sitting a the bottom of the sea with her cool glasses deciding to not follow any stream but her own.   


I stamped some of the stanps dirrectly on to the bakground, as well, to give the page some more depth.


I also wanted to make the background a little more grungy, so I used a bubble stamp from Youdo and a teal stamp pad on it.


I wanted to show you this on the page too, it was glitter on the mop up page, and it worked really wel with the watery theme. Love it! :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar