tisdag 1 oktober 2013

Moster - The European Scrap Battle #3

This is my contribution to the European Scrap Battle #3:


The photo is from last summer, I think, on me and my niece and nephew. We are at our favorite beach up in the middle of Sweden. :) The title says "Moster", which means Aunt in Swedish... and it also says "Today, Tomorrow and Forever". I love being their aunt! :)

Since the challenge was to use a lot of colors, I used a patterned paper from Sasssfras Lass. I just love their papers, and am sad that they stop making them. :/


First I misted with a Dylusions mist in orange over a mask from Prima. I think it's pretty cool that it shows through the modeling paste - the oval shape. Can you see it?

Then I colored modeling paste, from Liquitex, with red acrylic ink. I didn't use very much of the ink, since I wanted to keep it light. I smeared it across the page, where I knew I wanted the photo, with a spatula. I didn't want it smooth, so I scratched in it and used a roller stamp. When that was dry I added some dots with a Gelatos polka dot tool and yellow acrylic paint. I also added Lumiere acrylic paint - Pearlescent Blue over a harlequin mask from Dylusions and stamped with the same paint in the color Pewter with an empty toilet paper roll. Fun fun fun! :)


A closer shot, where you can see the texture in the modeling paste. Love it! :)

To grunge it up a bit more, I stamped with some word stamps from Christy Tomlinson in red and teal and splashed with Bubblegum pink Dylusions mist.


I love to add a lot of embellishments, in clusters. Some one might think it is to much, but I love it. :)


Layers created depth in the layout, that I love the look of. Here you can see all the layers - paper, modeling paste, stamps, more paper, enamel dots, thread, cross stitches, a felt owl, more pattern paper, the photo and wood embellishment. :)


A close up of all the mediums - Dylusions mist, colored modeling paste, yellow acrylic dots, pearlescent blue harlequin pattern, pewter circles and splashes of mist. Gorgeous! :)

In the middle of the photo the plus signs from the roller stamps is visible. Texture is the thing! :)


As I mentioned earlier in the post, the challenge was to use a lot of colors... and the rule was also not to use any black or white. A difficult rule, that I had to work hard to follow. Try it yourself and see how hard it is. :)

This is a photo that I took to show "the judge" Fia, that the pattern paper isn't white even if it looks like that on the layout photo.


The title is in green felt thickers, that I outlined with a green pen. The enamel dots are so yummy! :) Looks like candy.

I'm sorry that I didn't make it through to Battle #4... :( ... but I might take on the challenge any way... 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar