torsdag 19 september 2013

Sparkle - The European Scrap Battle #2

I love to play with color - especially pink, yellow and turquoise. :)


And that is what I've been doing on this Art Journal page. Happy happy happy! :)

This is my contribution to the European Scrap Battle - the Mixed Media chategory, Battle #2.  The challenge was to use a word that described how you feel about scrapbooking, and then create around that word.

I used the word "Sparkle" because I sparkle with happiness when I'm scrapbooking and being at crops and courses and hanging out with my scrapbook friends. :) And my heart sparkles and my creative confidence sparkle. :) Love it! :)


The backgrund is a piece of kitchen paper that I used to mop up color from pages, when I played with Dylusions mists. Sometimes I save them for this kind of use, but not all of them...


I added a brick wall in white modeling paste, and black rings with an empty toilet paper roll. White and black really makes the other colors pop.


I wanted a lot of sparkle on this page. So I used a jewrely bag, that I got from my sister in law, and filled that with sparkle (rhinestones and sequins). 

Love how natural and kind of organic the colors seam on the paper. Cool effect! :)

The super sparkling thing at the top right of the photo is Sparkling medium, bought at Skaparlusten, from Imaginations Crafts. That medium is so amazingly sparkling. :)


On the brick wall I used Modeling Paste from Liquitex. I love that it dries fast and hard. When everything was dry I did some doodling around the bricks to enhance them slightly.


At last, another happy close up. :)

At the top left part of the photo, you can see that I used a bubble sticker from Epiphany Craft and a flower pot decoration bought at the local dollar store, as decorations.


I got through to the next challenge with this Art Journal page. And tonight I finished the Mixed Media Project for Battle #3... Let the nail biting begin (again). :)

For Battle #2 it was 62 participants, 38 women sent in their Mixed Media projects and 32 went on to Battle #3. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar