torsdag 18 april 2013

I was born this way

This is an Art Journal that I did for SweScrap a while ago.


The challenge was to start with a poem in the background and then build some texture on top if it.


I choose "I was born this way" by Lady Gaga, not a poem but a really good song with great lyrics. I used Modeling paste over a D.Downey/Prima Marketing mask, and then I cut the lyrics in small part and attached them across the page.


This is how my Art Journal turned out on my first try, but I thought that the background got to messy, with the lyrics all over the place...


... so I gave the page a second chance... This time attaching the lyrics in a straighter, more orderly, way. But I liked the picture of the woman, so I kept that.


With some yellow paint over it, I liked it a lot more than the first one. Not so messy. :)


I wanted the modeling paste to stand out some more, so I made some shadows with a brown Faber Castell Pitt Artist pen around it.  Love! :)

I also like that the lyrics are showing some. For me that is ok, since I know what it says any way.


As a final touch, I doodled some around the modeling paste with a black pen and stamped with some texture stamps plus black and orange ink pad. Getting it more grungy. See, there is a difference between grungy and messy. :)


Remember this:

Don't hide yourself in regret
Just love your self and you´re set
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar