lördag 13 april 2013

Fabulous

I love to try new fun techniques. I got this inspiration from my DTfriend MiaKL, when I looked through her Art Journal pad. Thank you sooo much for the inspiration! :)

Created for Scrap-Perra.

The technique is to use Liquitex Texture Gel in combination with Dylusions ink spray. I'll tell you about it later in this blog post. 

I just love how this Art Journal turned out, with a funny twist. :) And it was so much fun to create as well. Let me tell you how I did it:



To prevent the mist from running through to the other pages, I added some tape at the spine. Later on I saw that the tape was too brown, so I covered it with gesso and mist...

On the left side, the side I will be working on, you can see that it is slightly bumpy... I stamped some left over Distress Paints on it, in white (Picket Fence). I'm curious to see if it will show. :)


First I misted some water on the page, then I misted three colors (Cut Grass, Calypso Teal and Fresh Lime ) of the Dyluisons ink sprays. Now there is a lot of ink on the page. Then I use another, torn out, page to mop up the excess ink. You can see that page to the right.

Then I misted some more water on to the page, but this time through a D.Downey mask from Prima Marketing. This picks up the color, and creates a ghosting effect. And on the mop up page, you can see when I stamped with the mask and the excess water.


A close up of the Ghosting effect, to the right. And on the left, you can see that the Distress paint stamping acted like a resists - just what I was hoping for. :)
Next I misted with Dylusions new ink spray - White Linen, through a TCW mask. White Linen is a mist that is slightly opaque, but it lifts up the color underneath it. Cool effect! :) And then I stamped with the mask and the excess mist on the right page.


And last I misted with Dylusions ink spray Calypso Teal through a Dylusions Alphabetical mask, and stamped with it on the right. Love all the layers this creates! :)


And now to the technique I was talking about in the beginning of this post. I used a Prima Marketing/Donna Downey mask - Grungy Chevron and Liquitex Texture Gel - Blended Fibers and had a blast. Yummy! :)


Liquitex Texture Gel is a kind of Gel Medium (Glue) with texture in it. It is white before it dries, so you can easily see what it will look like when you're working with it...


... but it dries transparent. This is a really fun effect when your using Dylusions ink sprays underneath it - because the texture gel will pick up the ink. Coool, right? :)

On this close up; you can also see the Ghosting Technique on the top left part of the photo, the misting through a mask on the middle right and the misting with White Linen on the bottom left. It is soooo much fun working with all these layers, and the characteristics of the Dylusions ink.


I borrowed the quote from one of Dyan Reavelrys quote stamps. And isn't she just sitting there, being fabulous? :) I love building up a fun scene with cut outs from fashion magazines and the Dylusions stamps.

I added a small rose to her hat, and the little guy sitting on here shoulder is actually mirrored from one of the stamps. I also added some doodling on all the details. 


I stamped the Dylusions stamps on watercolor paper, and colored them with Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pen, before I cut them out.


The girl from the magazine didn't have a long enough skirt, so I added some patterned paper at the bottom. I also did some doodling, on the skirt, with a black and white and gold pen. :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar