onsdag 20 mars 2013

Just enjoy yourself

Here is my second page with the Scraps of Darkness kit for January 2013.



The quote for this kit:

The mark of a successful man is one that has spent an entire day on the bank of a river
without feeling guilty about it. — (Chinese philosopher)

...inspired me to do this page. I wanted to have a feeling of summer at the beach, with soft sunny colors. My interpretation of the quote is: "Don't feel guilty, just enjoy yourself". Something I need to remember in my ordinary life. 


Since I'm an Educator over at Scraps of Darkness I made an tutorial while I was making this page. Enjoy! :)


Here is a close up of some of the nice papers that was included in the kit, with soft sunny colors! :) I did some white wash on them with Distress Ink Picket Fence, to get it even more soft and harmonic.

I used the background stamp that was included in the Creativity add on to get a more grungy look.  


As you might see in the video I mixed up the words, but there is never a misstake to big you can't fix it. :)
Aren't the small white butterflies so adorable?


There were a lot of fun, unusual, stuff in the Creativity add on - like starfish and sea glass. And this is also something I have never used in my Art Journal before, something so heavy and sticking out on my page.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar