tisdag 12 februari 2013

Nothing but blue skies ahead

A couple of weeks ago I received the Scraps of Darkness February kit 2013 - Waterways. It is really nice, with soft blue colors and the color add on had this amazing shimmering acrylic paints from Lumiere. :)


This is how my first project turned out. :)

Both The Crafters Workshop and Ranger/Dylusions came out with silhouette masks at CHA 2013. I was so inspired by them, but since I hadn't received my new masks yet (when making this video) I used a different technique. I cut out a girl from a magazine... that works fine as well, but you have to be more careful with the cut out than with the mask.


Here is a tutorial of me making this page. Hope you enjoy it! :)

As you might see, the final result is not as it is on the video... I added some red acrylic paint after I turned of the camera. I wanted the page to "pop" even more. :)


I started the page by covering it with a pattern paper from the kit, then I misted with the Lumiere paints mixed with water over some masks.

Here you can see the cut out from the magazine. When I use this technique I like to find a girl that poses with angles in her body... if  you understand what I mean. :)

This is actually a picture of Sweden's princess Madeleine. She lives in New York with her fiance, and they are getting married this summer. Hope she doesn't mind that I paint all over her.... :)


This is a close up of all the layers on my project. Isn't the Lumiere acrylic paint amazing?! Soooo shimmering and nice. :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar